Remote Training Center (It is a mission of MHRD to train 10000 teachers)
Under this scheme the engineering colleges in of repute India were shortlisted to delegate the responsibility of training the teachers. Sree Dattha Institute of Engineering & Science has been identified as one of the remote center in the RangaReddy Region.
Under this MHRD project, IIT Bombay will notify to identify one faculty from our side to attend the workshops conducted over there for a week time, TA aswell as DA and accommodation will be provided by them. After the one week workshop the faculty has to make arrangements for a similar workshop in the college where he belongs.
The participants of the workshop can be professors/lecturers from any engineering college; IIT Bombay will take care of their TA and DA. The workshop dates will be scheduled by IIT BOMBAY but prior to that the participants have to register for the workshop on the IIT Bombay portal through the Host College.
The acceptance of registration will be at the discretion of IIT BOMBAY. Once the confirmation about the faculty is received he is eligible to attend the workshop. The workshop is conducted using the latest ICT (Information and communication technology) method which is similar to teleconferencing, the resource person and speaker for the workshop will be an IIT faculty.
After every concept taught a quiz has to be attended by the faculty through online mechanism using AAKASH-II tablets. After the workshop is completed the faculty has to submit the assignments proposed by IIT and only after the submission the faculty will receive the participation certificates from IIT Bombay.
Till now our faculty has attended the following workshops conducted by IIT Bombay and Kharagpur at their campus and conducted the same in Sree Dattha Campus:
Workshops conducted by IIT Bombay and Kharagpur
SNO NAME OF WORKSHOP TEACHER DURATION FROM TO NO. OF PARTICPANTS
1 2 days ISTE Workshop on Aakash for Education Prof. Deepak B. Phatak, Prof. Uday Gaitonde, Prof. Kannan Moudagalya November 10th, 2012 November 11th, 2012 74
2 2-DAY ISTE WORKSHOP ON RESEARCH METHODS IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY Prof. Sahana Murthy & Prof. Sridhar Iyer February 2nd, 2013 February 9th, 2013 40
3 Aakash Android Application Programming Workshop for Students Team Aakash February 23rd, 2013 March 3rd, 2013 111
4 TWO-WEEK ISTE WORKSHOP ON DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (Main Workshop) Prof. S. Sudarshan May 21st, 2013 May 31st, 2013 33
5 Half Day ISTE Workshop on Green Building Awareness Prof. Monika Jain & Prof. Jiten Prajapati & Prof. Jayant K Nayak & Prof. Swati Chokshi & Prof. Rangan Banerjee August 24th, 2013 August 24th, 2013 35
6 TWO-WEEK ISTE WORKSHOP on Engineering Mechanics Prof. Mandar M. Inamdar and Prof. Sauvik Banerjee, November 26th, 2013 December 6th, 2013 54
7 TWO-WEEK ISTE WORKSHOP on Analog Electronics Prof anindya Sundar dhar, Prof. Pradeep Manda 4 th June 2013 14 th June 2013 40
8 TWO-WEEK ISTE WORKSHOP on Signal and Systems Prof. Vikram M. Gadre, Prof. Somnath Sengupta 41641 January 12th, 2014 64
Resource Center for Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
We are the only Resource Center in the entire Ranga Reddy District and are authorized to provide support to other degree/ UG or PG colleges
About Spoken Tutorial Project:
- It is a part of the Talk to a Teacher project of IIT Bombay.
- It is funded by the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Govt. Of India.
- The Principal Investigator of this project is Prof. Kannan M. Moudgalya at IIT Bombay.
What is a Spoken Tutorial?
- It is a Audio Visual Movie to Teach Open Source Software
- It is a video recording of a Computer Session, mainly an IT based Instructional movie.
Through audio and visual means, a spoken tutorial guides and instructs its users how to deploy and benefit from open source software.
- It will make the user to learn a Software from scratch
- It will enable the user to solve simple to complex Engineering Problems
- It replaces the heavy cost of commercial software by providing similar software which are free
- Since the software implementation is visible to the student or teachers community both can learn how the software was designed
- Not only the student gets a chance to study the coding details of software but also can add their own features in the existing software, this is not possible with commercial software
- Students have to undergo an online test after the training and if they pass in the online test, a certificate will be generated online by IIT Bombay.
Currently Spoken Tutorial project offers software training and certification on the below mentioned list of software, applications and programming languages.
The Linux operating system
- LibreOffice Suite
- 2 Blender
- 3 C and C++
- Netbeans IDE
- Java Business Application
- LaTeX & XFig
- LibreOffice Suite 15
- PHP & MySQL
Research & Development Center for AAKASH – II Tablets
IIT BOMBAY has established an R&D center in SREE DATTHA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & SCIENCE The objective is to conduct research on the AAKASH-II tablets in two areas:
- To assess the technicalities of the tablet and report to the IIT BOMBAY
- To develop application for ANDROID platform
- To utilize the tablets in workshops conducted by IIT Bombay
Under this scheme SREE DATTHA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & SCIENCE has been awarded 250 AAKASH – II tablets, 254 faculty and 4000 students will be benefited through this center. Also IIT-Bombay has conducted workshops for the faculty for the students, details are as follows:
- Aakash for education
- Research methodolog
- Android application develop program.
- Database management system
Activities carried out in the center till date:
- Five teams of 3 students in each developed an Android application as per the IIT Bombay instructions and uploaded to the IIT Bombay portal, SREE DATTHA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & SCIENCE is the only college all over India to submit these many applications.
RESULT OF AKAASH TABLET CHALLENGE 2013(JOINT INITIATIVE OF IIT B0MBAY AND IEEE)