The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
What is ISTE ?
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System. At present, ISTE has a very large and an effective membership base consisting of more than 1,02,985 Life Members, 5,54,094 Student Members,2410 Institutional Members (including IITs, IISc.., NITs and other leading technical institutions), 1214 Faculty Chapters and 1322 Students’ Chapters and 17 Sections throughout the country.
The major objective of the ISTE is to provide quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organisations.
Why is ISTE beneficial ?
Major Benefits of becoming an ISTE Member
- A Member of a National Professional Organization.
- Joined an academic Fraternity of over 1,00,000 strong professional.
- Preference to attend short-term training program for the academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities.
- Getting monthly e-copy of ISTE Newsletter by email
- Quarterly Indian journal of Technical Education (at concessional rates).
- Many more publications for Self-Development, Institution Development. (at concessional rates).
- Eligible to participate in Chapter level, Section level and National Level Conferences, Workshops and other activities of your academic interest etc.