SDGI IIT Workshop's
Remote Training Center (It is a mission of MHRD to train 10000 teachers)
Under this scheme the engineering colleges in of repute in India were shortlisted to delegate the responsibility of training the teachers. Sree Dattha Institute of Engineering & Science has been identified as one of the remote center in the Ranga Reddy District.
Under this MHRD project, IIT Bombay will notify to identify one faculty from our side to attend the workshops conducted over there for a week time, TA, DA and accommodation will be provided by them. After the one week workshop the faculty has to make arrangements for a similar workshop in the college where he belongs.
The participants of the workshop can be professors/lecturers from any engineering college. The workshop dates will be scheduled by IIT BOMBAY but prior to that the participants have to register for the workshop on the IIT Bombay portal through the host college.
The acceptance of registration will be at the discretion of IIT BOMBAY. Once the confirmation about the faculty is received he is eligible to attend the workshop. The workshop is conducted using the latest ICT (Information and communication technology) method which is similar to teleconferencing, the resource person and speaker for the workshop will be an IIT faculty.
After every concept taught a quiz has to be attended by the faculty through online mechanism using AAKASH-II tablets. After the workshop is completed the faculty has to submit the assignments proposed by IIT and only after the submission the faculty will receive the participation certificates from IIT Bombay.
Till now our faculty has attended several workshops conducted by IIT Bombay and Kharagpur at their campus and conducted the same in Sree Dattha Campus.
Resource Center for Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
We are the only Resource Center in the entire Ranga Reddy District and are authorized to provide support to other degree/ UG or PG colleges
Spoken Tutorial is a component of the Talk to a Teacher project funded by the National Mission on Education through ICT, MHRD, Government of India. Sree Dattha Institutions signed an MOU with Ms.Shyama Iyer, National Coordinator, Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay, for a tie-up in giving Open Source Software training to students for FREE.
Sree Dattha Institutions is a Resource Center of Spoken Tutorial Project of IIT Bombay since 27 Sept 2012. As part of spreading quality technical education to the student community, Sree Dattha Institutions has taken an early move in offering lab deployment / software training in open source technologies to the students for free. Sree Dattha Institutions considers the Spoken Tutorials as educative and productive for enhancing the technical skill-set among the students.
Spoken Tutorial concept is an innovative environment where in the dreams for learning free open source technologies come true to change the world.
The Spoken Tutorial will make the user to learn a Software from scratch, practice commands and solve assignments.
As part of spreading quality technical education to the student community, Sree Dattha Institutions has taken an early move in offering lab deployment / software training in open source technologies to the students for free. SreeDattha Institutions considers the Spoken Tutorials as educative and productive for enhancing the technical skill-set among the students.
SreeDattha institutions has established a reputation in offering spoken tutorials on open source technologies to students. For the continuous efforts in the progress of spoken tutorial, Sree Dattha Institutions was rated as 2* by IIT Bombay.
Sree Dattha Achievments as part of Spoken Tutorial w.r.t Students :
- 108 Spoken Tutorial Software Training /Lab Deployment(s) has been imparted to 6736 students.
- At Sree Dattha Institutions, the students are using Spoken Tutorials on Linux, Latex, PHP & MySQL, C/C++, Java, and Scilab software programming languages in their regular curriculum which happens to be the subjects of JNTUH curriculum.
- Prof.Nagarjuna K.V, CSE department has developed the course file on Linux for B.Tech CSE 4th year students, by incorporating the Spoken Tutorial content into JNTUH syllabus , the course file has received wide publicity and appreciation form Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay and it was circulated to all the remote centers / Engineering colleges in India as a reference copy.
- Sree Dattha Institutions has mapped C-Language, Java and Linux of FOSS topics / videos to the respective subject curriculum of JNTUH.
- Sree Dattha Institutions is the only Resource Center in the entire Rangareddy District and is authorized to provide support to other polytechnic, degree/ UG or PG colleges in terms of training and software distribution.
Software Offered :
Currently Spoken Tutorial project offers software training and certification on the below mentioned list of software, applications and programming languages.
The Linux operating system
- LibreOffice Suite
- 2 Blender
- 3C and C++
- GChem Paint
- Netbeans IDE
- Java Business Application
- LaTeX & XFig
- LibreOffice Suite 15
- PHP & MySQL
Research & Development Center for AAKASH – II Tablets
IIT, Bombay has established an R&D center in Sree Dattha Institute of Engineering & Science. The objective is to conduct research on the AAKASH-II tablets in two areas:
- To assess the technicalities of the tablet and report to the IIT Bombay
- To develop application for ANDROID platform
- To utilize the tablets in workshops conducted by IIT Bombay
Under this scheme Sree Dattha Institute of Engineering & Science has been awarded 250 AAKASH – II tablets, 254 faculty and 4000 students will be benefited through this center. Also IIT-Bombay has conducted workshops for the faculty for the students, details are as follows :For faculty
- Aakash for Education
- Research Methodology
- Android application develop program.
- Database management system
- Five teams of 3 students in each developed an Android application as per the IIT Bombay instructions and uploaded to the IIT Bombay portal, Sree Dattha Institute of Engineering & Science is the only college all over India to submit these many applications.