Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
What is ISTE ?
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is India's leading recognized professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT. Founded in 1953. The IETE is the National Apex Professional body of Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and IT Professionals. It serves more than 1,25,000 members (including Corporate, Student and ISF members) through various 64 Centres, spread all over India and abroad. The Institution provides leadership in Scientific and Technical areas of direct importance to the national development and economy. Government of India has recognized IETE as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) and also notified as an educational Institution of national eminence. The objectives of IETE focus on advancing electro-technology. The IETE conducts and sponsors technical meetings, conferences, symposia, and exhibitions all over India, publishes technical journals and provides continuing education as well as career advancement opportunities to its members.
Why is IETE Impartent ?
The IETE Students Forum shall have the following broad objectives :
- To plan and organize technical programs and activities, such as, special lectures,workshops, seminars, symposia, exhibitions etc. for the benefit of student members on a regular basis.
- To provide a common platform for the student members to exchange ideas and information on the topics of their interest e.g. curriculum, employment / higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, new development etc.
- To facilitate technical visits / practical training / project work/ employment, of the student members in R&D laboratories, industries, academic institutions etc.
- To encourage team work and the spirit of self-reliance among the student members
- To serve as a focal point at the institution on all aspects of professional development of the student members.
To meet these objectives, the IETE student forum shall arrange frequent meetings of the student members together with experts / academic / R&D / industries leaders as well as IETE centers executive committee members. Programs of common interest may also be arranged involving student forum at many institutions in the city, region etc.